Every webmasters and bloggers are asking one question these days – Which form of traffic is best for their websites or blogs? Search Engine Traffic or Social Media Traffic?
Search engine traffic, also known as Organic traffic can be generated by proper SEO of your website by making the site search engine friendly, on-page SEO and off-page SEO.
Social media traffic, on the other hand, can be generated by networking with other social media users and promoting your site and content on various social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, etc. Let’s talk more deeply.
Search Engine Traffic Vs. Social Media Traffic.
Search Engine Traffic
As per Search Engine Experts, Search engine traffic is the best way to generate high quality and targeted traffic. So I think your next question is Why Organic Traffic is considered as high quality?
The search engine provides you different ways to rank your site in google or search results. If you want to get free traffic, then you need a good search engine optimization (SEO) of your page or website.
But If you want to show your website in the top of organic results without any SEO, you can always buy your way into the sponsored links section of Google using AdWords – Google Ads. Here are the best reasons which will help you to make a decision, Is it Search Engine Traffic is worth for you or not?
1. Informational query: they come from search engines with an intention to gain knowledge about the subject matter or, gather information about something.
2. Highly targeted: As they come from search engines with a specific search query/search word or phrase, they are more specific or goal oriented.
3. High conversion: The conversion rate (sales) is very high with search engine traffic, whether informational query (less) or transactional query (more).
4. A constant source of traffic: If you have unique posts with proper SEO, and offer your visitors great value, then it can be a permanent source of traffic for your blog in the long term.
You can update your older posts with fresh information and news to rank higher in Google SERPs and to maintain the higher ranks.
5. Trustworthy: Web-surfers consider a post or content trustworthy, when they come from search engines via searching for a term or phrase.
6. Always unique: Visitors from search engines are almost always unique in nature or first-time visitors. So, every visit serves as a mini advertisement of your site with an opportunity to acquire a new fan and follower.
Social Media Traffic
Also known as “ Hot Traffic ” or “ Crazy Traffic ” is gaining popularity among webmasters and bloggers in recent years.
Now, Take a look at Social media traffic. Social media is also the best way to promote your products and services. All depend upon the niche. Obviously, you get huge traffic on social media with high engagement and low conversion in sales.
Now, Most of the Social media platforms also provides sponsored ads with a targeted audience. you can use any of them depends on your niches, like Facebook Advertising, Promoted Tweets with Twitter Ads and much more…
Here are the best reasons which will help you to make a decision, Is it Social Media Traffic is worth for you or not?
1. Incidental visitors: They come to your site because they are in your networking list or social networking friends. If that is not, they may not visit your site.
2. Repeat visitors: They are usually frequent visitors of your site, not unique in nature. Except for visits from your new friends. Less scope of getting fans and followers compared to search engine visitors.
3. Less targeted with low conversion rate: As they are frequent and old visitors, they are considered as less targeted traffic with very less chance of sales conversion.
4. Temporary in nature: If tomorrow, he or she un-follow your fan page or un-friend you, then he may not visit your site. Even though they are your social networking friends, they may not be interested in your stuff or content in the future due to the change of hobby.
Why You Should Choose to Invest in Both Search and Social
As per the above mentioned points may make you believe that one strategy is better than another. But I have one good reason you want to invest your money, time, and efforts into both search engine marketing and social media marketing. You can not put all of your eggs in one basket.
Just check your Google Analytics Traffic Sources Report. You can check by login to your Google Analytics > Acquisition > All Traffic > Source/Medium. Then look at the first 5-10 traffic sources and ask yourself what would you do if you lost one of them.
I think this is enough reason to use both social media and search marketing strategies. You need to optimize both for high ranking, SEO of your website/pages and Social Media Profiles/pages.
Final words: As a professional webmaster or blogger, your maximum efforts should be to drive traffic from search engines by proper SEO for long term sustainability. The social media traffic is just a bonus in addition to search engine traffic.
If you like our effort, please like the post and share with your friends. Also share your opinion, which works for you?